Monday, August 18, 2008

End of Summer


We had a happy sad week last week. A close friend passed away. We busied our selves with doing what we could to help with the funeral etc. I was so happy that Laura and John could come out for the weekend. I am always happy when people think enough of my singing to ask me to sing for a funeral, but when it's a close relative or friend it is just about the hardest thing to do. So difficult to controll emotions. So I was thrilled that Laura could come to my rescue and sing with me. She took the high notes and I took the low notes and I think we did pretty good. I'm twice flattered when people compliment Laura's singing, because I know how she came by it.
So a crazy sad weekend with a funeral, but because the grandkids were here it was happy and fun too. Love those kids. We even got a quick trip to poke a toe in the Pacific Ocean. Wish they weren't so far away. So now it's back to work Monday. Crazy, busy time of year in a school office, but I love when the days fly by.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey nice post!!! I miss you already.